For Cat/Dog Breeders & Boarding Facilities
Where large numbers of cats or dogs are kept or boarded the odour problem can be more severe.
- Following normal hygiene procedures such as clean up of solid wastes and hosing down of outdoor hard areas in the case of dogs and regular cleanout and washing of cat litter trays is the first step.
- Spray misting of soft and hard areas with Smellgone Odour Control Spray (at 1 in 100 dilution) will establish the 'good guys' who will continue to control the 'bad guys' and will also eat up the odour causing substances. Hard areas can be well wetted, soft areas, carpets, fabrics etc should only be lightly dampened.
- Initially this can be done each time you carry out a normal clean, eg daily. Once the good guys are established you can often reduce the applications to once every few days.
- Cat litter trays, food bowls etc can be washed with a 1 in 10 dilution and then rinsed in clean water.
- A cup full of Smellgone OCP (Odour Control Powder) can be added to a litter tray of your normal litter tray material. This will provide long lasting relief from odours between washings.
- Smellgone OCP can also be scattered over grassed or bare soil areas to help control odours in these instances.
- In enclosed or indoor situations where large numbers of cats or dogs may be housed, an automated spray misting program may be necessary to control airborne odours.
We have a variety of systems available from hand held units to automated mist blowers or Super Quiet Oscillating Mist units that won't disturb you or your pets.
Please contact us for details.